If you're looking for a way to keep your home cool in the summer yet warmer in the winter, a quality window with Low-E coating can make a huge difference! Not only does this make you comfortable year-round in your home, but it can also help save you money and energy year-round. Euro vinyl windows with Low-E coating also stand out and make your house look newer and much nicer.
How Do Low-E Windows Help?
You may have heard of Low-E which stands for "low emissivity," and refers to a type of window coating that helps solve both problems of staying warm in the winter and cool in the summer. This is because Low-E glass windows are coated with a microscopically thin layer of metal or metal oxide that reflects heat back into your home during the winter and reflects sunlight away from your home during the summer. It's partly because of this technology why people can save up to 40% on their energy bills!
Benefits For Your Home
Because Low-E windows are designed to reflect heat, yet also retain heat, they offer the best of both worlds. They help keep you cool when you need it, and help keep your home warmer when it needs it. At Harley Exteriors, all of our exclusive Olympic Series windows are Low-E coated. So even with the few hot months that we get in the PNW, there's no need to wish you had A/C, or you may not even need to use it if you do have it! Your home can stay drastically cooler due to new window quality.
Again, Low-E benefits include:
- Reduced UV Damage: Low-E glass helps to reduce the amount of harmful UV rays which damage your furniture and flooring.
- Increased Comfort: Low-E glass can help to keep your home more comfortable year-round by regulating the temperature.
- Reduced Glare: The coating on Low-E glass helps to reduce glare from the sun, making it easier to watch TV or work on your computer.
- Increased Privacy: The coating on Low-E glass helps to make the glass more opaque, which can increase privacy in your home, yet also increases the clarity to what you see outside.
- Beautifying Your Home: Not only do our Euro-vinyl frames make our windows pop and stand out on your home, but he Low-E coating distinguishes our high quality windows from the others with a nice sheen overlay.
Learn More About Exceptional Replacement Windows
If you're thinking about window replacement, be sure to ask an in-home rep here at Harley Exteriors more about how our Euro-vinyl Low-E windows can improve your home!
Subscribe to Harley Exteriors's Blog