One of the biggest concerns for homeowners when it comes to window replacement is the expense involved. It’s perfectly reasonable to want to have a good idea of what the window installation will cost before hiring a contractor. Thankfully, you have plenty of ways to get that information these days.
There are many cost comparison websites that homeowners can use to get an idea of the average cost to replace their windows. Here’s a quick cost comparison according to some of the most popular sites:
- Modernize.com: $150 - $750 per window; additional $100 - $250 for labor
- HomeAdvisor: $300 - $2,100 per window; average cost $850 per window
- Angi: $200-$1,800 per window, average cost $650 per window
As you can see, the price of a replacement window varies a lot. Why is this? It's because there is a lot of variety to choose from in the window market. Homeowners can enjoy everything from large picture windows to custom-made shaped windows in their properties. In addition, there are many materials available for window frames, including wood, metal, and fiberglass.
The Average Cost to Replace Windows in Seattle
If you live in Seattle, WA, and the surrounding areas, the costs of living are a bit higher on this side of the country compared to other areas. So, expect window replacement costs to be on the high end of the national average. According to 5Estimates.com, homeowners should expect to pay as much as $1,725 for a single replacement window.
Saving Money on Window Replacement
There are ways to save a little money on your window replacement project, or at least to ease the impact on your monthly budget. Here are a few suggestions to consider:
- Choose standard window sizing over custom-sized windows.
- Pick more affordable window materials, such as vinyl and aluminum.
- Look for seasonal discounts in the summer and winter.
- Compare quotes from multiple window installers.
- Get tax credits on ENERGY STAR® certified windows through the end of 2021!
- Ask about applying for a financing plan to break the cost up into manageable payments.
Get More Information About Window Replacement Costs in Seattle
If you would like to get a cost estimate for window replacement directly from a contractor, turn to Harley Exteriors. We offer free quotes and consultations to customers throughout the Seattle area. You can set up an appointment with one of our specialists right away. Just give us a call about your quote or fill in our contact form now.
Subscribe to Harley Exteriors's Blog